CCTV Surveillance DVR PTZ Setup / Control
Viewtron CCTV surveillance DVRs are capable of supporting Pan, Tilt, and Zoom (PTZ) cameras. Users can control their PTZ cameras through the Viewtron DVR, iPhone, Android, and Central Management Software (CMS). This article will explain how to set up each of these PTZ control options.
PTZ Control Setup
The instructions below explain how to setup and control a Pan, Tilt, and Zoom (PTZ) camera on the Viewtron Surveillance DVR.
1. First, connect the PTZ camera to one of the BNC video inputs on the back of the Viewtron DVR. Then using RS-485 cable, connect the PTZ's control lines to the RS-485 + and RS-485 - terminals as shown below. Note: The positive and negative terminals must be correctly wired for the PTZ to work. (Example: + to + and - to - )
2. Now power on the PTZ camera. Your camera's information will be displayed on the screen. You will need to write down the Protocol, Baud Rate, and ID. (Example: The PTZ-A10X and PTZ-D10X by default use Pelco D 2400 and ID 01).
3. Once you have that information, press the Home button on your DVR. Then select Setup, followed by Advanced. (Shown Below)
4. Press the Device tab, followed by Camera. (Shown Below)
5. Now select the PTZ camera from the list and click under the PTZ tab. (Shown Below)
6. Check PTZ Enable, then enter the camera's Protocol, ID / Address, and Port / Baud Rate. Then press OK to save the data and continue. (Shown Below)
7. Now back on the camera grid, right click and select Control, then PTZ. (Shown Below)
8. On the PTZ Control menu, select the channel of the PTZ camera from the drop down (Shown Below). You should now be able to control your camera.
The Viewtron DVR is capable of controlling a PTZ camera through the iPhone / iPad and Android mobile app. Please follow the instructions below to learn more.
1. First, follow steps 1 - 6 from above. Then ensure that you have the Viewtron app downloaded and set up on your iPhone or Android device. If you have yet to do this, please visit our iPhone / iPad or Android article.
2. Now on your mobile device, view the PTZ camera in fullscreen mode by double tapping the camera image. Then press the PTZ button at the bottom of the app. The controls should appear and you will now be able to control your camera. (Shown Below)
1. First, download and set up the Viewtron CMS Software. If you have yet to do this, please visit our Viewtron CMS DVR Software Setup article. Then follow steps 1 - 6 from above.
2. Now select the PTZ camera on the camera grid and click the PTZ control icon. (Shown Below)
3. Now the PTZ controls will appear on the left sidebar. The controls are the same as on the DVR interface. (Shown Below)