The AHD-D28W is an Indoor dome HD security camera (AHD CCTV) featuring a
2.8 ~ 12mm lens and a 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor. The AHD-D28W is capable of supporting 720p video resolution (1280 x 720) using RG59 coaxial cable. This is the same coax cable used by traditional SD CCTV cameras. This camera must be used with an AHD compatible DVR.
We are sorry to say that the AHD-D28W has been discontinued. Here is the replacement camera that we recommend.
Discontinued. Here is the 1080p Replacement
This is the same dome camera in 1080p resolution. Please check out the
AHD-D32W 1080p dome as a replacement.
This high definition dome camera has
4 built-in infrared LEDs, that when active enable it to continue recording when low light levels drop below 0.1 lux. Smart IR technology allows the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared lighting based on the distance objects are located from the camera.
OSD (On Screen Display) menu allows the user to adjust the camera's settings using a joystick located on the interior of the dome. Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, especially useful in black & white mode. This camera can be powered by either 12V-DC or 24V-AC.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright backlighting, the AHD-D28W security camera uses
Digital WDR Enhancement. Digital WDR Enhancement works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create one highly detailed image.
If you would like to
connect this camera directly to an HDMI compliant TV / Monitor, please refer to the AHD-CV7 AHD to HDMI converter, or select it from the drop down above.
Dome Wall Mount (Option)
We have a dome wall mount bracket in white available for the AHD-D28W. This is optional because this camera is capable of being wall or ceiling mounted using the built-in tri-axis mount. This optional wall bracket does make a nice addition to high end commercial and retail surveillance installations.
HD Dome Features
- 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor
- 720P (1280 x 720) HD CCTV Resolution
- Compatible with AHD DVRs
- 2.8mm ~ 12mm Varifocal Lens
- 4 IR LEDs for Low Light Environments
- Indoor white dome base / clear plastic dome cover protects the camera
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Optional Wall Mount Bracket
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- .01 LUX without IRs / 0 LUX with IRs on
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located within the dome cover)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- 12V-DC / 24V-DC Compliant
AHD-D28W camera specification here.
OSD user manual for 720p AHD cameras here.
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the AHD-D28W for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Indoor surveillance only (this camera is not weatherproof)
- Installations which require the high video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling mount or wall mount application using the tri-axis mount of the camera lens to orient the lens to the needed angle.
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 5 and 50 feet away from target surveillance area. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Camera has a 2.8 to 12mm varifocal lens and can be adjusted during installation to the field of view preference of the customer.
This camera works great with
Viewtron security camera DVRs. Viewtron 4K CCTV DVRs are hybrid. They support analog CCTV cameras, HD BNC cameras, and network IP cameras up to 4K resolution.
Custom Systems Designs & Quotes
CCTV Camera Pros designs custom video surveillance systems for customers and can provide a free quotes via email. In addition, you can schedule a free telephone consultation with a Pro.
We realize that requirements can vary and some customers need to mix and match various model cameras. Some customers have questions and prefer to speak with a professional designer on the phone. You can
request a free telephone consultation here. You can request a free custom quote here. You can also just email us directly instead of filling out a form here.
This camera is NDAA compliant. That means that it is not manufactured by any of the manufacturers on the NDAA (the National Defense Authorization Act) list of banned manufacturers. This camera does not use any materials from banned manufactures either. This camera may safely be purchased for government use.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers.