The AHD-D28W is an Indoor dome HD security camera (AHD CCTV) featuring a 2.8 ~ 12mm lens and a 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor. The AHD-D28W is capable of supporting 720p video resolution (1280 x 720) using RG59 coaxial cable. This is the same coax cable used by traditional SD CCTV cameras. This camera must be used with an AHD compatible DVR.
This high definition dome camera has 4 built-in infrared LEDs, that when active enable it to continue recording when low light levels drop below 0.1 lux. Smart IR technology allows the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared lighting based on the distance objects are located from the camera.
An OSD (On Screen Display) menu allows the user to adjust the camera's settings using a joystick located on the interior of the dome. Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, especially useful in black & white mode. This camera can be powered by either 12V-DC or 24V-AC.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright backlighting, the AHD-D28W security camera uses Digital WDR Enhancement. Digital WDR Enhancement works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create one highly detailed image.
If you would like to connect this camera directly to an HDMI compliant TV / Monitor, please refer to the AHD-CV7 AHD to HDMI converter, or select it from the drop down above.
Dome Wall Mount (Option)
We have a dome wall mount bracket in white available for the AHD-D28W. This is optional because this camera is capable of being wall or ceiling mounted using the built-in tri-axis mount. This optional wall bracket does make a nice addition to high end commercial and retail surveillance installations.
HD Dome Features
- 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor
- 720P (1280 x 720) HD Video Surveillance Resolution
- Compatible with AHD DVRs
- 2.8mm ~ 12mm Varifocal Lens
- 4 IR LEDs for Low Light Environments
- Indoor white dome base / clear plastic dome cover protects the camera
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Optional Wall Mount Bracket
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- .01 LUX without IRs / 0 LUX with IRs on
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located within the dome cover)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- 12V-DC / 24V-DC Compliant
Download the AHD-D28W camera specification here.
Download the OSD user manual for 720p AHD cameras here.
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the AHD-D28W for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Indoor surveillance only (this camera is not weatherproof)
- Installations which require the high video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling mount or wall mount application using the tri-axis mount of the camera lens to orient the lens to the needed angle.
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 5 and 50 feet away from target surveillance area. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Camera has a 2.8 to 12mm varifocal lens and can be adjusted during installation to the field of view preference of the customer.
This camera is also available in 1080p resolution. Please check out the AHD-D32W 1080p dome if you are looking for 1080p.
The AHD-D28W works great with an iDVR-PRO hybrid surveillance DVR.
| iPhone / iPad Compatible
| Android Compatible
| Mac Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
iDVR-PRO Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- HD-TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
Want to see how live video on this camera looks remotely over the Internet, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please note that not all applications stream HD video. Mobile apps stream a lower resolution so that performance is better. Please click here to request a demo login.