iDVR-PRO Surveillance DVR Video Export & Playback
iDVR-PRO CCTV surveillance DVRs
allow users to export recorded video surveillance footage to a DVD or USB thumb-drive so that it can later be played back on a PC. When the iDVR-PRO backups to a USB thumb-drive or DVD it also copies the correct codec and its very own video player to ensure ease of use. With the correct codec installed users can view the backed-up video using Windows Media Player.
Video Export & Playback Instructions
The iDVR-PRO allows users to export video to a USB thumb drive or DVD and play it back on a PC.
Follow these instructions to export and playback video on the iDVR-PRO.
1. Press the Archive button on the front of your DVR (You can also use a mouse or the IR remote control)
2. Once you have selected Archive the menu below will appear.
3. Click each desired channel.
4. Then click the To and From times using the arrows buttons on the menu.
5. Once you have selected the date and times that you want, click Query.
6. After clicking Query insert a blank disc into the DVD tray and select Burn. (You can also insert a USB thumb-drive and select Burn.)
7. Once the burning process is complete, you will be able to view the video backup on a PC. To do so simply insert the disc or USB thumb-drive into your PC. Then open the video folder and go into the Player folder. (Shown Below)
8. Once in the Player folder double-click on Backup Player and select the folder icon. (Highlighted below)
9. Then select the video files you wish to view and your video should appear. (A few menus will appear asking "Checking the watermark" select Yes or NO. Then select "Interlacing or De-Interlacing.)
Note: Another way to view the video backup is by using Windows Media Player. To do so you must first install the correct codec by double-clicking on Setup. (Shown Below) Then go through the Install Wizard. Once you have installed the codec select the video file you wish to view, your video should appear in Windows Media Player.
Learn more about iDVR-PRO
| iPhone / iPad Compatible
| Android Compatible
| Mac Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
If you do not currently have an iDVR-PRO and would like to log in to the demo unit at our office, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please click here to request a demo login.
Complete CCTV Systems
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any iDVR-PRO model with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match SD and HD security cameras because the latest iDVR-PROs are hybrid. They work with CCTV, AHD, and HD-TVI type cameras. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
About the Author
This article was written by Mike Haldas, co-founder and managing partner of CCTV Camera Pros. If you have any questions about iPhone security camera app for iDVR, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.