The AHD-BL6 is an Infrared AHD CCTV camera featuring a 2.8 ~ 12mm varifocal lens and a 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor. The AHD-BL6 is a weatherproof bullet-style security camera that is capable of supporting 720P (1280 x 720) resolution over RG59 coaxial cable. The varifocal lens allows installers to adjust the angle of view / zoom level of the camera with simple to use zoom level and focus knobs located in the back of the camera. Please note that AHD cameras must be used with an AHD compatible DVR.
This AHD-BL6 has built-in infrared illuminators, which allow the camera to continue capturing video in low or no light environments. The Smart IR technology enables the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared illumination based on the distance objects are located from the camera. You can see sample normal light and zero light surveillance images captured with this camera here. You can also watch video footage captured with the AHD-BL6 here.
The housing on the AHD-BL6 features an IP68 rating and protects the vital components of the camera from harsh weather, water, humidity, dust, and impact. This camera is designed for outdoor video surveillance installations.
An OSD (On Screen Display) menu allows the user to adjust the camera's settings using a joystick located on the camera. Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, this feature is especially useful in black & white mode when the IR LEDs are active. This camera can be powered by either 12V-DC or 24V-AC.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright or dark backlighting, the AHD-BL6 security camera uses Digital WDR Enhancement. Digital WDR Enhancement works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create one highly detailed image.
If you would like to connect this camera directly to an HDMI compliant TV / Monitor, please refer to the AHD-CV7 AHD to HDMI converter, or select it from the drop-down above.
AHD-BL6 Infrared AHD CCTV Camera features:
- 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor
- HD 720P (1280 x 720) Video Resolution
- Compatible with AHD DVRs
- 2.8mm ~ 12mm Varifocal Lens
- Infrared LEDs for Low Light Environments
- Metal Casing
- IP68 Rated Weatherproof Enclosure
- Wall or Ceiling Mount
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- 0 LUX with IR on
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located within the dome cover)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- 12V-DC / 24V-AC Compliant
The above videos were captured using an AHD-BL6 connected to a hybrid iDVR-PRO surveillance DVR.
The above image was captured using the AHD-BL6 in normal lighting conditions.
This image was captured using the AHD-BL6 with zero light in the room. The camera's infrared LEDs provide enough illumination to see this entire room clearly. This room is 29 feet by 30 feet. Although this camera is typically used for outdoor video surveillance because it is weatherproof, it also works great indoors and we needed to create a zero light environment for testing. There are street lights everywhere at our location, so it is difficult to test with zero light outdoors.
iOS Mobile App Viewing
When the AHD-BL6 is connected to an iDVR-PRO, users can log in to the DVR from remotely over the Internet to view their camera live in HD video quality. Check out the below images to see this camera being viewed on iPhone.
These images show the AHD-BL6 being remotely viewed from iPad. Please note that the camera must be connected to an AHD compatible DVR that includes an iOS app in order to do this. We used one of our iDVR-PRO surveillance DVRs to capture these images.
Android Mobile App Viewing
These images were captured while using the iDVR-PRO Viewer mobile app for Android. Again, the camera is connected to an iDVR-PRO DVR and we access the DVR remotely, then select the AHD-BL6 view in the app.
This is the IR view with zero light in the room.
Download the AHD-BL6 product spec here.
Download the OSD user manual for 720p AHD cameras here.
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the AHD-BL6 for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Outdoor surveillance
- Installations which require high video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras digital wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling mount or wall mount
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 5 and 50 feet away from target surveillance area. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Camera has a 2.8 to 12mm varifocal lens and can be adjusted during installation to the field of view preference of the customer.
1080p Camera Version
This camera is also available in a 1080p resolution. The AHD-BL5H is the 1080p AHD camera.
The AHD-BL6 works great with an iDVR-PRO hybrid CCTV DVR.
| iPhone / iPad Compatible
| Android Compatible
| Mac Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
iDVR-PRO Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- HD-TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
Want to see how live video on this camera looks remotely over the Internet, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please note that not all applications stream HD video. Mobile apps stream a lower resolution so that performance is better. Please click here to request a demo login.