iCamViewer iPhone App Setup Instructions
The iCamViewer iPhone app is currently compatible with Vivotek and Zavio cameras. CCTV Camera Pros is an authorized distributor for both of these IP camera manufacturers. You can find more information on compatible cameras as well as pricing on our website here: iCamViewer compatible cameras.
The below instructions will help you setup the iCamViewer with CCTV or IP based cameras.
If you find this page useful, please bookmark and share.
CCTV Camera iPhone App SetupTo setup a CCTV camera for viewing using the iCamViewer, you must connect a network video server to your CCTV camera to make turn the signal from Analog to digital. Here is a list of compatible network video servers:
If you are using a CCTV camera (analog security camera), please first setup your camera with the video server of your choice, then proceed to the below instructions for IP cameras. The video server is setup from that point on, the same as an IP camera.
IP Camera & Network Video Server iPhone App SetupFollow these instructions to setup your IP cameras or CCTV cameras that are connected to network video servers with the iCamViewer app.
To view your other cameras swipe your finger from right to left on the camera screen. To view a full sized image of your camera rotate your iPhone to the horizontal position.
- Follow the normal setup instructions to connect your camera or video server to your network. You should use the IP detection software that is included with your camera to locate your camera on your network.
- If you have not already done so, it is recommended to assign your IP camera or server a static local area network IP address. This is very simple to do using Zavio or Vivotek IP cameras. Specific instructions for this step can be found in your camera's manual.
- If you want to access your camera from outside of the local area network that it is located, you must setup port forwarding for your camera by configuring your network router. Instructions for many different model routers can be found here: port forwarding instructions.
- Now that your camera or server is connected to your LAN, has a static internal IP address, and port forwarding is setup, you are ready to setup the connection in the iCamViewer.
- If your Internet connection uses a dynamic IP address, so should also setup a dynamic IP service in case your IP address changes. For more information on setting up a free dynamic DNS service, please refer to these instructions: dynamic DNS setup. If your Internet connection uses a static IP address, then you do not need to use the dynamic DNS service.
- If you have not already done so, please download and install the iCamViewer on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. You can download it here: iCamViewer in the app store.
- Launch the iCamViewer on your device. Navigate to the Cameras tab in the app. On the cameras screen you will see a Config button (circled below). Click on this config button.
- One the configuration screen, enter in all of the information associated with your camera. Then press the check box (circled below). Note, for the Host or IP field: if you setup a dynamic DNS account, you should enter the hostname that you setup in that field. If your Internet connection uses a static IP address, you should enter that IP address.
- After you enter all of the configuration fields and click the check box, you should see a live view of your camera. If the camera view is much smaller than the screen, close and re-open the iCamViewer and the image should be normal size. Below is a snapshot of a live view using the iCamViewer app with a DPRO-B24DHR armor dome camera and a Vivotek video server.
- To add additional cameras, click on the plus button (circled below) and repeat step 8.
Please use our support forum if you need assistance with the iCamViewer app: Support forum for iCamViewer. If you need asistance picking out the best camera for your requirements, please call us toll free at 888-849-2288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.