Geovision Surveillance DVR Remote Playback
Geovision Surveillance DVRs have a remote video playback program known as Remote ViewLog. Remote ViewLog gives users the ability to access their Geovision DVR's recorded video data remotely from any Windows PC. The instructions below explain how to configure the router, download the Remote ViewLog software and initiate remote playback.
Geovision Remote Playback
To setup remote playback on the Geovision Surveillance DVR using the Remote Viewlog software, please follow the instructions below.
1. First make sure that the correct ports are forwarded in the router connected to the Geovision Surveillance DVR. For the Remote Viewlog software you will also have to forward port 5552 in addition to the standard ports described in the network setup instructions. For instructions on forwarding ports in your router, please visit our Geovision Network Setup / Port Forwarding article.
2. Now open a Internet Explorer web browser and enter the Remote IP Address and Port Number into the address bar. (Shown Below)
3. Enter the Username and Password of the Geovision Surveillance DVR when prompted. (By default the Username is "admin" and the Password is "1234") (Shown Below)
4. You may be prompted to install Active X Controls, go ahead and install them. Then click Run when the security warning appears. (Shown Below)
5. Once logged in, locate the Remote Viewlog icon on the left margin. Go ahead and install the program on your PC. (Shown Below)
6. Once installed, open up the program on your desktop and select Remote Viewlog Service. (Shown Below)
7. Now enter in the DVR's IP Address, Port, ID and Password. Then make sure Host Type is set to DVR. (Shown Below)
8. Now on the main Viewlog page, select the Search button. Then choose either Basic Search or Advanced Search. (Shown Below) Instructions for both will be included below.
1. On the Basic Search menu, select the date and time that you wish to playback. If you are searching for video recorded in daylight savings time, click Search Event in DST. Then click OK. (Shown Below)
2. Your desired video should now begin to play.
1. On the Advanced Search menu, select the Start Time & Date followed by the End Time & Date. If you are searching for video recorded in daylight savings time, click Search Event in DST.
2. Now select the cameras that you wish to playback.
3. Once selected, click the OK button. (Steps 1 - 3 Shown Below)
4. Your desired video should now begin to play.